Icewind Dale download PC
Icewind Dale download is an RPG game set in the world of AD&D Forgotten Realms. It uses the "Infinity" engine from Bioware, the same as in the famous BG. Icewind Dale download focuses on epic adventures in dark dungeons. The story takes place in the northern, not fully explored regions of Forgotten Realms, – known as the Valley of the Ice Wind, famous for Drizzt Do'Urden's feats from R.A.'s book. Salvator, The Crystal Shard. That's where your team is hiking into the Spine of the World – a dangerous territory inhabited by deadly creatures. Through your discoveries and tasks, you learn that you have to fight the ancient evil that threatens to free the most terrible horrors to the whole world of Faerun.
Icewind Dale download has no connection to Baldur's Gate and is not centered around one character, but at the beginning of the game you create your whole team or choose one of the teams. Your hero team can consist of 1-6 people. The game starts in the freezing city of Easthaven, one of the Ten Cities of the region. You are asked to join Hrothgar, one of the local heroes, and embark on a mission to solve the problems plaguing the city on the mountain pass, called Kuldahar. History begins to complicate when you are involved in a great mission to prevent the destruction of the city and the entire region. This mission will take you to a number of places in the Spine of the World mountains, from frozen dungeons through the ancient ruins of elven cities to living glaciers and other astonishing places.
In multiplayer game each player creates his own heroes, who are more independent from each other in relation to Baldur's Gate. Due to the fact that you create your own team, other NPCs will not join as they did in Baldur's Gate. Some of them will follow you according to the story, but you will not be able to control them. You can change team leader at any time, which can result in new dialogue options based on race, gender, profession, intelligence, wisdom and leader's charisma. There is still a limit of experience to 1,800,000, so that the character depending on the profession can reach a level of 14-28.
The main focus is on exploration, but the next events will be connected to create an interesting but linear story, making Icewind Dale download more similar to Diablo than to Baldur's Gate. In the game there are 12 separate areas with about 15 levels of dungeons each. The dungeons differ in size and appearance, ranging from narrow passages to large caves. Underground are scattered throughout the Icewind Dale download including the mountainous areas of Ten Towers and Spine of the World.
- Each spell has its own animation, unlike BG where all spells looked the same.
- Improved algorithm for finding the way, especially when a team is in a formation.
- Improved logbook, in which you will find all completed and not completed quests.
- Improved artificial intelligence of the monsters that are now sending patrols and are called upon in case of danger.
- Monsters are up to 22 feet high.
- A lot of new magic objects.
- New portraits for characters, one depicting the whole silhouette of the hero, the other only his face.
- The game uses Open GL to improve the lighting effect, fog and to improve the smoothness of the game.
- More standard voices, the ability to use their sounds from BG.
- It is possible to make armour from armour of various animals.
- More than 100 unique magic items randomly available after defeating bosses or mini-bosses.
- The game takes place in 1281, the year of the cold soul, 15 years before the appearance of Drizzt.
- The music for Icewind Dale download was written by Jeremy Soule, the author of the music for Total Annihilation, among others.
Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions regarding this description.